LK Advani praises Narendra Modi - again
Kevadia: Sharing the stage with Narendra Modi, BJP leader LK Advani on Thursday praised the Gujarat Chief Minister who has been chosen the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
Laying the foundation of a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Advani said the "Iran Man" was responsible for the unity and integration of the country following the country`s 1947 independence.
"That is why, if Modi has pledged to build a huge statue (of Sardar Patel), which will be bigger than the Statue of Liberty, it makes us very happy and proud.
"I complement Modi whom our party has chosen as the prime ministerial candidate. I want to share my pride and happiness (with all of you)."
Advani said when Britain split India in 1947, 565 small and big princely states were given back their sovereignty.
"I believe that if there was not a leader like Sardar (Patel), then India would not just have been divided but disintegrated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations