LK Advani praises Narendra Modi - again
Kevadia: Sharing the stage with Narendra Modi, BJP leader LK Advani on Thursday praised the Gujarat Chief Minister who has been chosen the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
Laying the foundation of a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Advani said the "Iran Man" was responsible for the unity and integration of the country following the country`s 1947 independence.
"That is why, if Modi has pledged to build a huge statue (of Sardar Patel), which will be bigger than the Statue of Liberty, it makes us very happy and proud.
"I complement Modi whom our party has chosen as the prime ministerial candidate. I want to share my pride and happiness (with all of you)."
Advani said when Britain split India in 1947, 565 small and big princely states were given back their sovereignty.
"I believe that if there was not a leader like Sardar (Patel), then India would not just have been divided but disintegrated," he said.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children