LK Advani praises Narendra Modi, says BJP will secure a record victory in 2014
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Narendra Modi can breathe a sigh of relief. Senior BJP leader and party patriarch LK Advani praised the party`s poll panel chief on Sunday.
Advani said that the BJP was going in the right direction under the guidance of Modi. He is also said that BJP will secure a record win in the 2014 General Elections.
Delivering the valedictory address at a meeting of the BJP election campaign committee, state unit presidents and general secretaries here, the party patriarch praised the Gujarat CM for underscoring the need to strengthen the party at the booth level.
Advani also praised Modi for an earlier campaign he had launched asking young and first time voters, among others, to register themselves as voters with the Election Commission.
The senior leader said these aspects are very important as the main aim is to bring the voters to the booth and ensure that they cast vote.
Though an official announcement has not been made, the Gujarat chief minister is increasingly being viewed as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014, both within his party and by the people of this country.
Advani had resigned from all party posts after Modi was elevated as BJP`s campaign committee chief in Goa conclave. Though Advani did take back his resignation later on but he is still viewed as being against Modi being given prominence in the party. Not too long ago he had showered praise on Madhya Pradesh CM, saying that Modi had developed an already developed state but Shivraj Singh Chauhan had taken a backward state on the path of growth.
Recently too, on August 15, Advani had taken a dig at the Gujarat CM saying that Independence Day should not be a day when people should criticise one another. This was seen to be in reference to Modi taking on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and criticising the speech delivered from the ramparts of the Red Fort.
Meanwhile, exuding confidence, the Bharatiya Janata Party said today that it was aiming to get more than 272 Lok Sabha seats in the next General Elections.
Addressing party workers at a meeting held here to plan the strategy for the elections due next year, BJP President Rajnath Singh said the party`s mission was getting 272 seats in the next elections.
"He (Rajnath Singh) said our mission is getting 272 plus on our own. BJP can achieve this and with that confidence we are going to the people," party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar told reporters.
Narendra Modi chaired the meeting. The meeting was attended by senior party leaders like Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?