LK Advani rakes up Ram temple issue
Lucknow: Raking up the controversial Ram temple issue in Uttar Pradesh, senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani has linked it with the identity of Hindus and said that its construction was essential to usher Ram Rajya (ideal state) in the country.
Releasing a set of books on Mahant Avaidyanath, 94, at a function organised at the Gorakhnath temple premises in Gorakhpur, 270 km from here Saturday, Advani hoped that the seer would see the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya in his life time.
Advani said the Ram Janmabhoomi movement was the identity of the Hindus and Ram Rajya could only be ushered in the country if a Ram temple was built at the `Ram Janmabhoomi` in Ayodhya, the site of the demolished Babri Masjid.
BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra lauded Advani for his thought and said solutions to the problems faced by the nation were with the BJP and former deputy prime minister LK Advani.
International president of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Ashok Singhal, while castigating what he called was pseudo-secular posturings by political parties, said a beautiful Ram temple will take shape after 2014.
Advani was at the forefront of the Ram Janmabhoomi movement in the late 1980`s which espoused the cause of building a magnificent Ram temple at the site of the Babri mosque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing