LK Advani rakes up Ram temple issue
Lucknow: Raking up the controversial Ram temple issue in Uttar Pradesh, senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani has linked it with the identity of Hindus and said that its construction was essential to usher Ram Rajya (ideal state) in the country.
Releasing a set of books on Mahant Avaidyanath, 94, at a function organised at the Gorakhnath temple premises in Gorakhpur, 270 km from here Saturday, Advani hoped that the seer would see the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya in his life time.
Advani said the Ram Janmabhoomi movement was the identity of the Hindus and Ram Rajya could only be ushered in the country if a Ram temple was built at the `Ram Janmabhoomi` in Ayodhya, the site of the demolished Babri Masjid.
BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra lauded Advani for his thought and said solutions to the problems faced by the nation were with the BJP and former deputy prime minister LK Advani.
International president of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Ashok Singhal, while castigating what he called was pseudo-secular posturings by political parties, said a beautiful Ram temple will take shape after 2014.
Advani was at the forefront of the Ram Janmabhoomi movement in the late 1980`s which espoused the cause of building a magnificent Ram temple at the site of the Babri mosque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL