LK Advani `unwell`, won`t meet RSS chief
New Delhi: A meeting between Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran LK Advani was called off on Wednesday after the party leader reported "unwell", said party sources.
Bhagwat, who played a key role in stopping a sulking LK Advani from quitting key BJP posts, was to meet Advani here.
However, the meeting was called off later, after Advani reported unwell.
Advani, who played a key role in building the BJP, last week resigned from all key posts after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named head of the party`s election campaign committee.
He took a U-turn after Bhagwat called and, according to sources, assured him that he will be consulted in all party decisions.
Bhagwat earlier met former BJP president Nitin Gadkari here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory