LK Advani `unwell`, won`t meet RSS chief
New Delhi: A meeting between Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran LK Advani was called off on Wednesday after the party leader reported "unwell", said party sources.
Bhagwat, who played a key role in stopping a sulking LK Advani from quitting key BJP posts, was to meet Advani here.
However, the meeting was called off later, after Advani reported unwell.
Advani, who played a key role in building the BJP, last week resigned from all key posts after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was named head of the party`s election campaign committee.
He took a U-turn after Bhagwat called and, according to sources, assured him that he will be consulted in all party decisions.
Bhagwat earlier met former BJP president Nitin Gadkari here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez