LK Advani will accept any post fitting his stature, says daughter
New Delhi: BJP patriarch LK Advani`s daughter on Friday said that he will accept whatever position the party deems fit for his "stature".
"Whatever position the party thinks fit his stature and position, he would be happy to accept it," Pratibha told.
Elated by BJP`s thumping majority, she said her family is more focused on the party`s win rather than what position is offered to the veteran leader.
"What has happened today has made us happy and proud. Post does not matter, what matters is, what you can do without the post," she said.
Echoing her father`s views, Pratibha said the "most striking reason" for the Congress` defeat in elections was mis-governance.
"Then another major issue was the corruption. It has really grown by leaps and bounds. Inflation was another reason as people were not able to take care of their basic expenses. Security of women was another concern," she said.
"It is an unprecedented victory. Regional parties have taken a beating. BJP broke caste and other equations. We won in places like Goa, where there are Christian voters. I see this as a good change," she said.
Earlier in the day, the BJP patriarch, who has not shared the best of relations with Modi in the past, congratulated Narendra Modi but apparently did not give full credit to him saying it needs to be assessed as to what contribution his leadership has made to the party`s unprecedented victory.
He termed the BJP`s victory as a result of mainly the people`s anger against corruption, misgovernance and dynastic rule and asked those in politics to draw lessons from the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day