LK Advani withdraws resignation, Narendra Modi welcomes decision
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Bharatiya Janata Party senior leader LK Advani accepted party Parliamentary Board`s decision rejecting his resignation, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday welcomed the party patriarch’s decision.
Expressing his views on social networking website Twitter, Modi said: “I had said yesterday that Advani ji will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas. Today, I wholeheartedly welcome his decision!”
Rajnath Singh today said that Advani, who had resigned from all leadership positions, has decided to accept the parliamentary board`s request to stay in the core party bodies.
"Mohan Bhagwat (RSS chief) has asked him to accept the parliamentary board decision and continmue to guide the party in national interest. Advanji has accepted to accept Mohan Bhagwatji`s advise," Rajnath Singh told reporters.
Modi on Monday had made a passionate appeal to LK Advani to reverse his decision to resign from party positions.
"Had a detailed conversation with Advaniji on phone. Urged him to change his decision. I hope he will not disappoint lakhs of (party workers)," Modi had tweeted.
A day after the BJP appointed Modi to lead it in the next Lok Sabha elections, Advani quit major party posts after accusing most of its leaders of pursuing "personal agendas".
"Advanji has said that any decision of the party he will accept," Rajnath Singh said quoting Advani, who quit on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!