Loan scam: CBI to quiz main accused
Mumbai: A special court on Thursday allowed CBI to take Rajesh Sharma, prime accused in the kickbacks for loans scam, to the investigating agency`s office for questioning.
"We need to take Sharma to CBI office and to another
spot from where money was transferred from Mumbai to Delhi.
All the electronic records that have been seized are in codes.
We need Sharma to decipher the codes," CBI counsel Ejaz Khan
told the court.
Special CBI Judge SP Tawade while granting permission
directed the agency to take Sharma on December 24 and 25.
Sharma who is in judicial custody, is lodged at the Arthur
Road jail in central Mumbai.
The CBI had arrested Chief Executive Officer of LIC
finance Ramchandran Nair, Naresh Chopra secretary (Investment)
LIC, R N Tayal General Manager Bank of India, Maninder Singh
Johar Director (Charted Accountant) Bank of India, Deputy
General Manager of Punjab National Bank Venkoba Gujjal, CMD of
M/s Money Matters Rajesh Sharma and his two employees ? Suresh
Gattani and Sanjay Sharma, on November 24 for their alleged
involvement in a cross-country housing loan racket.
All the other accused are out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security