LoC attack: BJP to hold nationwide protest today
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would hold a nationwide protest against the ``brutal`` killing of two Indian jawans by Pakistani troops near Mendhar sector across the Line of Control (LoC).
Holding the Pakistani Government and its Army accountable for the untoward incident, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday said: "All over the country tomorrow (Friday) moving down to the district level, the BJP will hold a protest demonstration against Pakistan for the brutal way in which violating all norms of even wartime rules."
"They have in a barbaric way dealt with the Indian soldiers. This protest will be held all over tomorrow in all districts of the country, the BJP will organise it," she said.
" It is essential to show the anger of Indian people, the anguish with which people of India want to tell Pakistan that our respect and our attempts to keep peace with Pakistan through negotiations or in maintaining people to people contact does not mean that these kinds of violations can happen. And every drop of the Indian soldiers’ blood is sacred to us and we shall not accept this barbaric attack on the Indian soldiers," she added.
Sitharaman said ``Pakistan should get the message from India that the Indian citizens are absolutely angered at the way in which they have dealt with our soldiers in the border``.
Asserting that it is high time to send a strong message to Pakistan, Sitharaman further said the Indian Government should deal with them firmly.
Pakistan`s High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir had earlier on Wednesday denied a Pakistan Army attack on Indian soldiers in the Mendhar sector in Poonch district on Tuesday.
"I would like to address some of the concerns, which are expressed here in the Indian media since yesterday regarding what is called the Mendhar incident. First of all, I would like to say that Pakistan remains firmly committed to respecting the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir. It is important, I believe both governments agree, that the ceasefire, which is an important confidence building measure, must be respected by both sides," Bashir had told a news agency.
The Pakistani envoy, who was summoned to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) yesterday, further said that the Director Generals of Military Operations have been in contact with each other over the Mendhar incident.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had earlier said that Pakistan`s High Commissioner has been told in very strong terms that the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops is ``unacceptable``, and added that it will have an adverse impact if it is not immediately contained.
In a major escalation to the ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts, a group of Pakistan Army soldiers raided across the Line of Control in Mendhar sector and killed two Indian soldiers and injured one more. The Pakistani troops attacked an area domination patrol party of the Indian Army.
Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were the two Indian soldiers killed brutally by the Pakistani troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Micromax announces new laptop series
- US, China hold NSA-level talks after South China Sea verdict
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!