LoC attack: Will take necessary steps in national interest, says Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid Tuesday said India will take steps necessary in its national interest in the wake of the ambush by terrorists and men in Pakistani Army uniforms that killed five Indian soliders in Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident took place along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Poonch sector post midnight.
"Whatever we feel is necessary in the national interest, those steps will be taken," Khurshid told reporters.
He said the government will seriously deliberate on the developments.
India Tuesday summoned Pakistani Deputy High Commissioner Mansoor Ahmad Khan and lodged a strong protest over the killing of five Indian soldiers.
A sixth soldier was injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter