LoC ceasefire violation: Injured BSF jawan flown to Delhi
Jammu: A BSF jawan, injured in firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, was flown in an air ambulance to New Delhi for specialised treatment, BSF officials said on Tuesday.
The victim, Head Constable Ram Niwas Meena was flown in an air ambulance this evening from Jammu to New Delhi for specialised treatment at the AIIMS, he said.
There was a snipper firing from the Pakistan-side along the IB near the Narainpur Border Out Post (BoP) in Ramgarh sector of the Samba district at around 1555 hours yesterday, the official said.
Meena, guarding the borderline at the BoP, was injured as bullets hit the right side of his chest, the officer said, adding the jawan was shifted to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says