LoC killings: Armed forces have a free hand, says Antony
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Faced with repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan across the Line of Control (LoC) and aggression by China in the Ladakh region, Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday said Indian armed forces had a free hand to take on those trespassing into Indian territory.
Talking to scribes at the launch of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, Antony said, “Armed forces have freedom to respond to developing conditions on the border appropriately.”
The statement holds significance in the light of recent killings of five Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch sector.
Earlier, India had taken a strong objection to the Poonch killings with Antony opining that no attack on the Indian Army was possible without the help of the Pakistani Army, while hinting that the ties with Islamabad would be reviewed.
In the recent past, there has also been a spate of incursions from the Chinese side into the Indian territory all along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between the two sides stretching from Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir in north to Arunachal Pradesh in the Northeast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you