LoC killings: Armed forces have a free hand, says Antony
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Faced with repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan across the Line of Control (LoC) and aggression by China in the Ladakh region, Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday said Indian armed forces had a free hand to take on those trespassing into Indian territory.
Talking to scribes at the launch of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, Antony said, “Armed forces have freedom to respond to developing conditions on the border appropriately.”
The statement holds significance in the light of recent killings of five Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch sector.
Earlier, India had taken a strong objection to the Poonch killings with Antony opining that no attack on the Indian Army was possible without the help of the Pakistani Army, while hinting that the ties with Islamabad would be reviewed.
In the recent past, there has also been a spate of incursions from the Chinese side into the Indian territory all along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between the two sides stretching from Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir in north to Arunachal Pradesh in the Northeast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant