LoC killings: Congress protests outside Pakistan High Commission
New Delhi: About 170 members of the Youth Congress were detained here on Wednesday while marching towards the Pakistan High Commission to protest the killings of five Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Around 200 members of the Youth Congress gathered near the Pakistan High Commission in Chanakyapuri in central Delhi around 1 pm.
They climbed police barricades and raised anti-Pakistan slogans.
Police said water cannons were used to disperse the protestors and 175 of them were detained. They were later let off.
Meanwhile, around 40 members of Naya Daur Party handed over a memorandum to the high commission on the soldiers` killings, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof