LoC killings: Congress protests outside Pakistan High Commission
New Delhi: About 170 members of the Youth Congress were detained here on Wednesday while marching towards the Pakistan High Commission to protest the killings of five Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Around 200 members of the Youth Congress gathered near the Pakistan High Commission in Chanakyapuri in central Delhi around 1 pm.
They climbed police barricades and raised anti-Pakistan slogans.
Police said water cannons were used to disperse the protestors and 175 of them were detained. They were later let off.
Meanwhile, around 40 members of Naya Daur Party handed over a memorandum to the high commission on the soldiers` killings, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM