LoC killings: Congress protests outside Pakistan High Commission
New Delhi: About 170 members of the Youth Congress were detained here on Wednesday while marching towards the Pakistan High Commission to protest the killings of five Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Around 200 members of the Youth Congress gathered near the Pakistan High Commission in Chanakyapuri in central Delhi around 1 pm.
They climbed police barricades and raised anti-Pakistan slogans.
Police said water cannons were used to disperse the protestors and 175 of them were detained. They were later let off.
Meanwhile, around 40 members of Naya Daur Party handed over a memorandum to the high commission on the soldiers` killings, said police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'