LoC killings: Congress protests outside Pakistan High Commission
New Delhi: About 170 members of the Youth Congress were detained here on Wednesday while marching towards the Pakistan High Commission to protest the killings of five Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Around 200 members of the Youth Congress gathered near the Pakistan High Commission in Chanakyapuri in central Delhi around 1 pm.
They climbed police barricades and raised anti-Pakistan slogans.
Police said water cannons were used to disperse the protestors and 175 of them were detained. They were later let off.
Meanwhile, around 40 members of Naya Daur Party handed over a memorandum to the high commission on the soldiers` killings, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan