LoC killings: `Such act not conducive for India-Pakistan ties`
New Delhi: Terming the killing of five Indian Army soldiers along the Line of Control in Poonch by Pakistani troops as extremely unfortunate, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh on Tuesday said if Islamabad wants better ties with New Delhi, then this was not the way to go about it or achieve it.
"It is an extremely unfortunate incident. If Pakistan wants to have better relations with India, I think this is not the way to have a better relation. I cannot comment on the whole issue because I myself have just come to know about it this morning. I think the Defence Ministry and the Foreign Ministry will be equipped to give statement on this," Singh told media here.
Five Indian soldiers were killed in an ambush by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch District late on Monday night.
Television reports said Pakistani troops entered India to carry out the attack.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah confirmed the news of the death of the five Indian soldiers along the Line of Control that separates India from Pakistan on Tuesday morning via micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Was briefed early this morning about news that five of our soldiers had been killed on the LOC. My heartfelt condolences to their next of kin," Abdullah tweeted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know