LoC killings: `Such act not conducive for India-Pakistan ties`
New Delhi: Terming the killing of five Indian Army soldiers along the Line of Control in Poonch by Pakistani troops as extremely unfortunate, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh on Tuesday said if Islamabad wants better ties with New Delhi, then this was not the way to go about it or achieve it.
"It is an extremely unfortunate incident. If Pakistan wants to have better relations with India, I think this is not the way to have a better relation. I cannot comment on the whole issue because I myself have just come to know about it this morning. I think the Defence Ministry and the Foreign Ministry will be equipped to give statement on this," Singh told media here.
Five Indian soldiers were killed in an ambush by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch District late on Monday night.
Television reports said Pakistani troops entered India to carry out the attack.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah confirmed the news of the death of the five Indian soldiers along the Line of Control that separates India from Pakistan on Tuesday morning via micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Was briefed early this morning about news that five of our soldiers had been killed on the LOC. My heartfelt condolences to their next of kin," Abdullah tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand