Lok Adalats decide 153 criminal cases
New Delhi: More than 153 criminal cases were
decided by way of plea bargaining on Saturday during a day-long Lok
Adalat held at different courts in the capital.
The Delhi State Legal Services Authority, which organised
the Lok Adalats in six district courts said, more than 3,567
cases relating to dishonoured cheques, civil, electricity,
labour, criminal compoundable offences, recovery matters etc
pending in various district courts of Delhi were taken up.
The Lok Adalats also settled 1,166 cases of electricity
disputes involving Rs 3.77 crore, while a compensation of over
Rs 1.41 lakh was also awarded in 71 motor accident claims.
A total of 3,009 cases pending in various courts were
Four Lok Adalats were also held in which 85 cases
pertaining to Bharti Airtel, Tata Tele Services Ltd settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video