Lok Adalats decide 153 criminal cases
New Delhi: More than 153 criminal cases were
decided by way of plea bargaining on Saturday during a day-long Lok
Adalat held at different courts in the capital.
The Delhi State Legal Services Authority, which organised
the Lok Adalats in six district courts said, more than 3,567
cases relating to dishonoured cheques, civil, electricity,
labour, criminal compoundable offences, recovery matters etc
pending in various district courts of Delhi were taken up.
The Lok Adalats also settled 1,166 cases of electricity
disputes involving Rs 3.77 crore, while a compensation of over
Rs 1.41 lakh was also awarded in 71 motor accident claims.
A total of 3,009 cases pending in various courts were
Four Lok Adalats were also held in which 85 cases
pertaining to Bharti Airtel, Tata Tele Services Ltd settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand