Lok Adalats decide 153 criminal cases
New Delhi: More than 153 criminal cases were
decided by way of plea bargaining on Saturday during a day-long Lok
Adalat held at different courts in the capital.
The Delhi State Legal Services Authority, which organised
the Lok Adalats in six district courts said, more than 3,567
cases relating to dishonoured cheques, civil, electricity,
labour, criminal compoundable offences, recovery matters etc
pending in various district courts of Delhi were taken up.
The Lok Adalats also settled 1,166 cases of electricity
disputes involving Rs 3.77 crore, while a compensation of over
Rs 1.41 lakh was also awarded in 71 motor accident claims.
A total of 3,009 cases pending in various courts were
Four Lok Adalats were also held in which 85 cases
pertaining to Bharti Airtel, Tata Tele Services Ltd settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside
- Rajnath Singh mourns killing of jawans in Manipur, says MHA monitoring situation