Lok Adalats decide 153 criminal cases
New Delhi: More than 153 criminal cases were
decided by way of plea bargaining on Saturday during a day-long Lok
Adalat held at different courts in the capital.
The Delhi State Legal Services Authority, which organised
the Lok Adalats in six district courts said, more than 3,567
cases relating to dishonoured cheques, civil, electricity,
labour, criminal compoundable offences, recovery matters etc
pending in various district courts of Delhi were taken up.
The Lok Adalats also settled 1,166 cases of electricity
disputes involving Rs 3.77 crore, while a compensation of over
Rs 1.41 lakh was also awarded in 71 motor accident claims.
A total of 3,009 cases pending in various courts were
Four Lok Adalats were also held in which 85 cases
pertaining to Bharti Airtel, Tata Tele Services Ltd settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS