Lok Sabha adjourned after Shinde`s statement
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was on Friday adjourned after the opposition was up in arms over Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement on the Hyderabad blasts.
Though the chair allowed Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj to speak as soon as the Home Minister had finished his statement, he did not allow other parties like the Shiv Sena, Samajwadi Party (SP), the Communist Party of India-Marxist and the Telugu Desam Party to ask Shinde any questions.
"Rule 372 does not allow any questions to be asked after a minister has made a statement," Deputy Speaker Kariya Munda, who was in the chair, ruled.
This angered the opposition members.
The SP members even reached near the podium of the speaker in protest while Shiv Sena, TDP and CPI-M members wanted a chance to ask Shinde questions.
"The Home Minister has to make a statement in the Rajya Sabha also," said Munda just before adjourning the house till 3.30 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter