Lok Sabha adjourned as Trinamool MPs create ruckus
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MPs on Thursday disrupted the Lok Sabha proceedings during Zero Hour over the recent political clashes in West Bengal, forcing the speaker to adjourn the house till 2 pm.
Speaker Meira Kumar asked Trinamool leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay to first give a notice on the issue they wanted to raise when the MPs led by him rose to their feet soon after the question hour.
"Give me a notice. I am in the dark (on the Trinamool`s issue) at this moment," the speaker told the agitating Trinamool MPs.
She then invited Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav to speak who raised the issue of disinvestment of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
After Mulayam Singh`s speech, Trinamool MPs continued to protest as the speaker again asked them to give a notice on their issues.
But the Trinamool MPs said they should be allowed to raise the issue as it was urgent. The Speaker assured them that they would be invited to raise their matter.
But she first called upon MPs who had given advance notice.
Protesting the chair`s decision and raising the issue of the alleged political killings in Marxist-ruled West Bengal, the Trinamool MPs, in the presence of their leader and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, created a ruckus and tried to come near the speaker`s podium.
Mamata tried to send her colleagues back to their seats. However, the Trinamool MPs stuck to their demand. Finally, at 12.30 pm, the speaker was forced to adjourn the house till 2.00 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur