Lok Sabha adjourned as Trinamool MPs create ruckus
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MPs on Thursday disrupted the Lok Sabha proceedings during Zero Hour over the recent political clashes in West Bengal, forcing the speaker to adjourn the house till 2 pm.
Speaker Meira Kumar asked Trinamool leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay to first give a notice on the issue they wanted to raise when the MPs led by him rose to their feet soon after the question hour.
"Give me a notice. I am in the dark (on the Trinamool`s issue) at this moment," the speaker told the agitating Trinamool MPs.
She then invited Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav to speak who raised the issue of disinvestment of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
After Mulayam Singh`s speech, Trinamool MPs continued to protest as the speaker again asked them to give a notice on their issues.
But the Trinamool MPs said they should be allowed to raise the issue as it was urgent. The Speaker assured them that they would be invited to raise their matter.
But she first called upon MPs who had given advance notice.
Protesting the chair`s decision and raising the issue of the alleged political killings in Marxist-ruled West Bengal, the Trinamool MPs, in the presence of their leader and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, created a ruckus and tried to come near the speaker`s podium.
Mamata tried to send her colleagues back to their seats. However, the Trinamool MPs stuck to their demand. Finally, at 12.30 pm, the speaker was forced to adjourn the house till 2.00 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27