Lok Sabha adjourned as Trinamool MPs create ruckus
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MPs on Thursday disrupted the Lok Sabha proceedings during Zero Hour over the recent political clashes in West Bengal, forcing the speaker to adjourn the house till 2 pm.
Speaker Meira Kumar asked Trinamool leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay to first give a notice on the issue they wanted to raise when the MPs led by him rose to their feet soon after the question hour.
"Give me a notice. I am in the dark (on the Trinamool`s issue) at this moment," the speaker told the agitating Trinamool MPs.
She then invited Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav to speak who raised the issue of disinvestment of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
After Mulayam Singh`s speech, Trinamool MPs continued to protest as the speaker again asked them to give a notice on their issues.
But the Trinamool MPs said they should be allowed to raise the issue as it was urgent. The Speaker assured them that they would be invited to raise their matter.
But she first called upon MPs who had given advance notice.
Protesting the chair`s decision and raising the issue of the alleged political killings in Marxist-ruled West Bengal, the Trinamool MPs, in the presence of their leader and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, created a ruckus and tried to come near the speaker`s podium.
Mamata tried to send her colleagues back to their seats. However, the Trinamool MPs stuck to their demand. Finally, at 12.30 pm, the speaker was forced to adjourn the house till 2.00 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand