Lok Sabha adjourned for day over `quit PM` demands
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was Tuesday adjourned for the day amid noisy demands by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
The House will now meet Thursday as Wednesday is a holiday for Mahavir Jayanti.
The Lok Sabha was earlier adjourned soon after it assembled when Samajwadi Party (SP) members gathered near the Speaker`s podium to protest reports of Chinese incursion in the Ladakh region.
Around 15-20 Chinese soldiers have reportedly been stationed at a remote camp some 10 km inside the Indian territory in the northern part of Ladakh since April 15.
China has denied that its troops have crossed into the Indian territory. Military commanders at the brigadier level from the two sides met last week but failed to break the deadlock.
Trinamool Congress MPs were also seen gathering near the podium to press for their demand for a special package for West Bengal.
When Speaker Meira Kumar failed to restore order, she adjourned the House till 12 noon.
When the house reassembled, BJP members started demanding Manmohan Singh`s resignation over the standing committee report on coal block allocation.
Following this, AIADMK`s M Thambidurai, who was in the chair, adjourned the house for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday