Lok Sabha adjourned for the day
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day on the first day of the Monsoon Session of Parliament on Monday.
The Lower House assembled at 11 pm, which was followed by Speaker Meira Kumar leading the members in paying tribute to deceased former vice president Bhairon Singh Shekhawat and former union minister and Bihar MP Digvijay Singh.
The Speaker also remembered the victims of various disasters - the train accident in West Bengal July 22, the Maoist attack in Narayanpur in Chattisgarh June 29 and the plane crash in Mangalore May 22.
On the 11th anniversary of Kargil operations, she also paid tribute to the martyrs of India`s war who protected the Kargil heights in Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistani raiders and camouflaged regular troops in 1999.
Meira Kumar then adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!