Lok Sabha adjourned for the day
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day on the first day of the Monsoon Session of Parliament on Monday.
The Lower House assembled at 11 pm, which was followed by Speaker Meira Kumar leading the members in paying tribute to deceased former vice president Bhairon Singh Shekhawat and former union minister and Bihar MP Digvijay Singh.
The Speaker also remembered the victims of various disasters - the train accident in West Bengal July 22, the Maoist attack in Narayanpur in Chattisgarh June 29 and the plane crash in Mangalore May 22.
On the 11th anniversary of Kargil operations, she also paid tribute to the martyrs of India`s war who protected the Kargil heights in Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistani raiders and camouflaged regular troops in 1999.
Meira Kumar then adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read