Lok Sabha adjourned for the day
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned till Wednesday over the issues of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and removal of Justice AK Ganguly as the chief of West Bengal rights panel.
As the house reassembled at 12 noon, members opposing the division of Andhra Pradesh for the formation of a separate Telangana state stormed the well of the house and raised slogans.
Members of the Trinanmool Congress too protested and demanded the removal of Justice (retd) AK Ganguly, accused of sexual harassment of a law intern, from the post of chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC).
Speaker Meira Kumar allowed the tabling of papers in the din following which she tried to pacify the members but to no avail. She finally adjourned the house till Wednesday.
The house was earlier adjourned for an hour till 12 noon following protests by members as soon as the question hour began.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends