Lok Sabha adjourned for the day
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned till Wednesday over the issues of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and removal of Justice AK Ganguly as the chief of West Bengal rights panel.
As the house reassembled at 12 noon, members opposing the division of Andhra Pradesh for the formation of a separate Telangana state stormed the well of the house and raised slogans.
Members of the Trinanmool Congress too protested and demanded the removal of Justice (retd) AK Ganguly, accused of sexual harassment of a law intern, from the post of chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC).
Speaker Meira Kumar allowed the tabling of papers in the din following which she tried to pacify the members but to no avail. She finally adjourned the house till Wednesday.
The house was earlier adjourned for an hour till 12 noon following protests by members as soon as the question hour began.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed