Lok Sabha adjourned over coal blocks allocation
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till 3 pm on Wednesday after BSP members stalled proceedings seeking action on alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks.
Bahujan Samaj Party members had approached Speaker Meira Kumar`s podium to raise the issue earlier too, leading to the adjournment of the house till noon.
Trouble continued when the house met again. Congress member Francisco Sardinha, who was in the chair, adjourned the house till 2 p.m. and again for a third time till 3 p.m.
Some MPs felt the BSP aggression was aimed at building pressure on the government to get the bill on reservations in job promotions for Dalits as well as tribals passed in the Rajya Sabha.
The Congress says it is committed to the bill, which is staunchly opposed by the Samajwadi Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez