Lok Sabha adjourned over coal blocks allocation
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till 3 pm on Wednesday after BSP members stalled proceedings seeking action on alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks.
Bahujan Samaj Party members had approached Speaker Meira Kumar`s podium to raise the issue earlier too, leading to the adjournment of the house till noon.
Trouble continued when the house met again. Congress member Francisco Sardinha, who was in the chair, adjourned the house till 2 p.m. and again for a third time till 3 p.m.
Some MPs felt the BSP aggression was aimed at building pressure on the government to get the bill on reservations in job promotions for Dalits as well as tribals passed in the Rajya Sabha.
The Congress says it is committed to the bill, which is staunchly opposed by the Samajwadi Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state