Lok Sabha adjourned over Telangana, rupee
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was on Friday adjourned till 2 pm over the sliding rupee and continuing protests against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
As soon as the house assembled, members from the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and Congress raised slogans demanding that Andhra Pradesh remain united.
The protesting members were among the 12 who were suspended for five sittings by the speaker Aug 23 for disrupting the house on the same issue.
This forced Speaker Meira Kumar to adjourn the house till noon.
When the house re-assembled, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh spoke on the economy.
Bharatiya Janata Party MPs and its allies then walked out, led by opposition leader Sushma Swaraj.
Members of the Trinamool Congress showed placards and raised slogans against the prime minister over the fall of the rupee.
The house was then adjourned till 12.45 pm and again till 2 following similar disruptions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'