Lok Sabha adjourned sine die
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was Friday adjourned side die, marking the conclusion of the first month-long Budget session of the newly constituted House.
The Budget session of the 15th Lok Sabha began July 2 with the presentation of the Economic Survey, followed by the Railway Budget July 3 and the fiscal Budget July 6.
Several bills, including two crucial legislations, were passed during the session, chaired by the country`s first woman speaker Meira Kumar.
NDA members today created uproar in the Lok Sabha over the
issue of alleged corruption involving Union Minister Virbhadra
Singh and Scheduled Caste Commission Chairman Buta Singh and
demanded action against them.
The members of the BJP-led alliance wanted to raise the
matter during the Zero Hour, with Deputy Leader of Opposition
Sushma Swaraj saying a notice had been given for the same.
Speaker Meira Kumar disallowed them, leading to an
The NDA members, who were targeting Virbhadra Singh and
Buta Singh, chanted slogans saying government is trying to
protect its "corrupt" ministers and said "corrupt" government
will not be allowed to run.
Virbhadra Singh, former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister,
has been accused of graft and a case was filed against him and
his wife on Tuesday.
Buta Singh was targeted as his son Sarabjyot has been
arrested in a bribe case a week ago.
The uproar was intermittent as the NDA allowed SP chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav and BJP member Bishnupad Ray to raise
Special Mention issues by suspending their slogan-shouting.
However, after Yadav and Ray were through with their
matters, the uproar increased forcing the Chair to adjourn the
House for 90 minutes till 2 pm.
IANS With Inputs from Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment