Lok Sabha adjourned twice during Question Hour
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned twice during Question Hour on Thursday as Opposition members triggered uproar over the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani hospital and Congress leader Sajjan Kumar`s acquittal in anti-Sikh riots case.
As soon as the House met for the day, members of the Akali Dal rushed to the Well waving placards and demanding appeal in court against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in anti-Sikh riots case.
Several members were also seen raising the issue of the death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault on him in Pakistan`s Kot Lakhpat jail last week.
Members of the Samajwadi Party (SP) were also in the Well raising slogans against the government over its handling of the issue of Chinese incursions in Ladakh.
As members were unrelenting, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the proceedings till 11:30 AM.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House reassembled, prompting M Thambidurai (AIADMK), who was in the Chair, to adjourn the proceedings till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video