Lok Sabha adjourned twice during Question Hour
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned twice during Question Hour on Thursday as Opposition members triggered uproar over the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani hospital and Congress leader Sajjan Kumar`s acquittal in anti-Sikh riots case.
As soon as the House met for the day, members of the Akali Dal rushed to the Well waving placards and demanding appeal in court against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in anti-Sikh riots case.
Several members were also seen raising the issue of the death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault on him in Pakistan`s Kot Lakhpat jail last week.
Members of the Samajwadi Party (SP) were also in the Well raising slogans against the government over its handling of the issue of Chinese incursions in Ladakh.
As members were unrelenting, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the proceedings till 11:30 AM.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House reassembled, prompting M Thambidurai (AIADMK), who was in the Chair, to adjourn the proceedings till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic