Lok Sabha mourns death of 7 IAF personnel in chopper crash
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Wednesday condoled the death of seven Indian Air Force personnel, including two officers, in a helicopter crash in Uttar Pradesh.
"I am sure the House joins me in sharing the grief of the family members who died in the crash," Speaker Sumitra Mahajan said reading out the obituary reference.
The entire House stood in silence for a short while as a mark of respect to the memory of the departed.
On July 25, seven IAF personnel died when their helicopter crashed in Sitapur district in Uttar Pradesh while flying from Bareilly to Allahabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: Mumbai Indians' Jonty Rhodes in 'Pujari' avatar
- Indian Premier League 2016: Gujarat Lions vs Delhi Daredevils - Preview
- Rahul Gandhi turns `singham` in Gorakhpur - Click to see Congress poster
- Nitish Kumar should be next PM of India with Arvind Kejriwal as Deputy PM, says Markandey Katju
- LeEco's Le 1s top-selling smartphone in online sales: Report