Lok Sabha mourns death of 7 IAF personnel in chopper crash
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Wednesday condoled the death of seven Indian Air Force personnel, including two officers, in a helicopter crash in Uttar Pradesh.
"I am sure the House joins me in sharing the grief of the family members who died in the crash," Speaker Sumitra Mahajan said reading out the obituary reference.
The entire House stood in silence for a short while as a mark of respect to the memory of the departed.
On July 25, seven IAF personnel died when their helicopter crashed in Sitapur district in Uttar Pradesh while flying from Bareilly to Allahabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP