Lok Sabha mourns death of Hugo Chavez
New Delhi: Lok Sabha on Monday mourned the death
of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Speaker Meira Kumar described Chavez as a popular and charismatic leader who strived for uplift of the underprivileged masses.
"We cherish our close relationship with Venezuela which was greatly strengthened under the leadership of President Chavez," she said.
Chavez breathed his last in Caracas on March 5 after a long battle with cancer.
Members stood in silence for a while as a mark of respect to the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy