Lok Sabha mourns death of Hugo Chavez
New Delhi: Lok Sabha on Monday mourned the death
of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Speaker Meira Kumar described Chavez as a popular and charismatic leader who strived for uplift of the underprivileged masses.
"We cherish our close relationship with Venezuela which was greatly strengthened under the leadership of President Chavez," she said.
Chavez breathed his last in Caracas on March 5 after a long battle with cancer.
Members stood in silence for a while as a mark of respect to the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?