Lok Sabha mourns RSS leader`s death
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha Friday mourned the death of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) ideologue and former MP Nanaji Deshmukh who died Feb 27.
Speaker Meira Kumar described him as an activist and agriculturist who worked for "realisation of the dream of total transformation in villages".
"He founded the Saraswati Shishu Mandir, a chain of pre-primary and primary schools across India, the Deen Dayal Research Institute and the Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya in Madhya Pradesh," Meira Kumar said.
Nanaji died at age 94. He was a member of the Lok Sabha from 1977 to 1979 representing Balrampur in Uttar Pradesh. He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha from 1999 to 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018