Lok Sabha mourns RSS leader`s death
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha Friday mourned the death of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) ideologue and former MP Nanaji Deshmukh who died Feb 27.
Speaker Meira Kumar described him as an activist and agriculturist who worked for "realisation of the dream of total transformation in villages".
"He founded the Saraswati Shishu Mandir, a chain of pre-primary and primary schools across India, the Deen Dayal Research Institute and the Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya in Madhya Pradesh," Meira Kumar said.
Nanaji died at age 94. He was a member of the Lok Sabha from 1977 to 1979 representing Balrampur in Uttar Pradesh. He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha from 1999 to 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'