Lok Sabha mourns Tsunami deaths in Japan
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha Monday mourned the
death of thousands of people in the devastating earthquake and the subsequent Tsunami that struck Japan on Friday last.
"The House expresses its heartfelt condolences to the
people of Japan for the tragic loss of life and largescale
damage to property wreaked by this catastrophe," Speaker Meira
The members then observed silence for a while as mark of
respect to the memory of the departed.
A massive earthquake struck off Japan`s north-eastern
coast on March 11 triggering a devastating Tsunami in the
region that swept away everything in its path, including
houses, ships and cars and in the process killing thousands of
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!