Lok Sabha mourns Tsunami deaths in Japan
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha Monday mourned the
death of thousands of people in the devastating earthquake and the subsequent Tsunami that struck Japan on Friday last.
"The House expresses its heartfelt condolences to the
people of Japan for the tragic loss of life and largescale
damage to property wreaked by this catastrophe," Speaker Meira
The members then observed silence for a while as mark of
respect to the memory of the departed.
A massive earthquake struck off Japan`s north-eastern
coast on March 11 triggering a devastating Tsunami in the
region that swept away everything in its path, including
houses, ships and cars and in the process killing thousands of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan