Lok Sabha nod to 2G JPC term extension
New Delhi: The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) looking into the 2G spectrum issue was today granted a second extension till the end of the Winter session by the Lok Sabha.
The lower house passed the motion moved by committee chief P C Chacko by a voice vote extending up to the last day of the Winter Session the time to present its report.
The term of the committee was to end on the last day of the ongoing Budget session.
Last September, Lok Sabha had adopted a motion for extending the term of the JPC up to the last date of Budget session. Earlier, the panel was required to submit its report by the last date of the last Monsoon session.
The JPC, consisting of 20 members from Lok Sabha and 10 from Rajya Sabha, was constituted on March 4 last to look into the entire gamut of policy prescriptions in the telecom sector from 1998 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing