Lok Sabha nod to 2G JPC term extension
New Delhi: The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) looking into the 2G spectrum issue was today granted a second extension till the end of the Winter session by the Lok Sabha.
The lower house passed the motion moved by committee chief P C Chacko by a voice vote extending up to the last day of the Winter Session the time to present its report.
The term of the committee was to end on the last day of the ongoing Budget session.
Last September, Lok Sabha had adopted a motion for extending the term of the JPC up to the last date of Budget session. Earlier, the panel was required to submit its report by the last date of the last Monsoon session.
The JPC, consisting of 20 members from Lok Sabha and 10 from Rajya Sabha, was constituted on March 4 last to look into the entire gamut of policy prescriptions in the telecom sector from 1998 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price