Lok Sabha nod to 2G JPC term extension
New Delhi: The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) looking into the 2G spectrum issue was today granted a second extension till the end of the Winter session by the Lok Sabha.
The lower house passed the motion moved by committee chief P C Chacko by a voice vote extending up to the last day of the Winter Session the time to present its report.
The term of the committee was to end on the last day of the ongoing Budget session.
Last September, Lok Sabha had adopted a motion for extending the term of the JPC up to the last date of Budget session. Earlier, the panel was required to submit its report by the last date of the last Monsoon session.
The JPC, consisting of 20 members from Lok Sabha and 10 from Rajya Sabha, was constituted on March 4 last to look into the entire gamut of policy prescriptions in the telecom sector from 1998 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League