Lok Sabha pays tribute to Mumbai terror attacks
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday paid homage to those killed in the 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes on its fourth anniversary by vowing to fight unitedly to thwart forces of terrorism.
Making the reference, Speaker Meira Kumar said "the horrific memories of the tragic attack are still etched in our minds and as a tribute to the valiant security personnel who made the supreme sacrifice for the nation, let us pledge that we will unitedly fight to thwart the forces of terrorism".
Members stood in silence for a while after saluting the indomitable courage of the security forces and sharing the sorrow and the grief of all those families who lost their near and dear ones in the terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal