Lok Sabha pays tribute to Mumbai terror attacks
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday paid homage to those killed in the 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes on its fourth anniversary by vowing to fight unitedly to thwart forces of terrorism.
Making the reference, Speaker Meira Kumar said "the horrific memories of the tragic attack are still etched in our minds and as a tribute to the valiant security personnel who made the supreme sacrifice for the nation, let us pledge that we will unitedly fight to thwart the forces of terrorism".
Members stood in silence for a while after saluting the indomitable courage of the security forces and sharing the sorrow and the grief of all those families who lost their near and dear ones in the terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria