Lok Sabha pays tribute to Mumbai terror attacks
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday paid homage to those killed in the 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes on its fourth anniversary by vowing to fight unitedly to thwart forces of terrorism.
Making the reference, Speaker Meira Kumar said "the horrific memories of the tragic attack are still etched in our minds and as a tribute to the valiant security personnel who made the supreme sacrifice for the nation, let us pledge that we will unitedly fight to thwart the forces of terrorism".
Members stood in silence for a while after saluting the indomitable courage of the security forces and sharing the sorrow and the grief of all those families who lost their near and dear ones in the terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read