Lok Sabha polls: AAP set to announce second list of candidates
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party is set to announce the second list of candidates for General Elections on Friday.
The step is a clear indication that AAP is fast gearing up for the upcoming General Elections and fine-tuning its strategies for it. AAP leader Yogendra Yadav had made it clear last week that his party would contest the coming Lok Sabha polls under Kejriwal`s leadership.
Reports said that the party is expected to announce names of Rakhi Bidla, Rabbi Shergill, Adarsh Shastri, Ashok Jain, Rajesh Yadav, KP Yadav, Sanjeev Singh among others for the upcoming polls.
AAP had announced the first list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls last Sunday. The list included – Ashutosh, Mukul Tripathi, Baba Hardev, Subash Ware, Anjali Damania, Soumendra Dhaka, Jarnail Singh, Dr Jiyalal Ra, Kumar Vishwas, Yogendra Yadav, Mayank Gandhi, Medha Patkhar, Meera Sanyal, Habung Payeng, Baliram Pandhare, Alok Aggarwal, Lingraj, Harvinder Singh Phoolka, Yogesh Dahiya, Khalid Parvaiz.
Kerjriwal had last Friday resigned as Delhi CM shortly after his government was defeated on the issue of tabling of the Jan Lokpal Bill in Delhi Assembly in the face of a united resistance by outside supporter Congress and the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi