Lok Sabha polls: Congress will not even get 100 seats, says LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) patriarch on Sunday predicted that the Congress party will not even be able to fetch 100 seats in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls while BJP will break all records.
Addressing party workers at a programme organised in memory of former Rajasthan Governor late Kailashpati Mishra, the senior BJP leader said, “Congress ko is baar itni kam seats milenge jitni pehle kabhi nahi mili (Congress will get so less seats which it never got earlier).
“2014 General Elections will be the worst performance of Congress as it would not be able to reach even the 100 mark,” he added.
He further said, "In 1977, it could not even open account in UP, Bihar, Delhi and Punjab.”
"The Congress party has dug holes for itself as much scams took place during its rule running into lakh crores rupees that the people of the country have decided to overthrow it and bring the BJP in power," he said.
On the other hand, Advani claimed that his party will break all records and would win the highest-ever number of seats in the polls.
"I have seen all elections since 1951-52. And based on the experience and the present political atmosphere, the BJP will get maximum seats this time," Advani said.
While praising BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, Advani said, “The massive turnouts at the rallies of Modi has never been witnessed in the country earlier.”
BJP had got maximum 182 seats in 1998 and 1999, Advani said, adding that this time it would get more than that, a PTI report said.
Praising former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s rule, Advani felt that people now want to bring back the Vajpayee government-like regime.
He also praised the combined efforts of party workers and self conduct of the BJP for the swing of country`s mood towards the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you