Lok Sabha Speaker leaves for Geneva
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar Saturday left with a parliamentary delegation to take part in the 121st Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva.
Along with six MPs, Kumar will participate in the meet Oct 19-21, a statement from parliament house said.
The Indian delegation will discuss issues related to global food security, human trafficking and fight against organised crime.
The delegation will also participate in a panel discussion on treatment and care for AIDS and challenges for international humanitarians law and human rights, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon