Lok Sabha Speaker leaves for Geneva
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar Saturday left with a parliamentary delegation to take part in the 121st Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva.
Along with six MPs, Kumar will participate in the meet Oct 19-21, a statement from parliament house said.
The Indian delegation will discuss issues related to global food security, human trafficking and fight against organised crime.
The delegation will also participate in a panel discussion on treatment and care for AIDS and challenges for international humanitarians law and human rights, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical