Lok Sabha Speaker to meet party leaders tomorrow
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will meet leaders of political parties on Wednesday to ensure the "smooth functioning" of the house during the Winter session of Parliament beginning Nov 9, an official said.
"This is not the customary meeting with the leaders ahead of the commencement of the winter session. This is to discuss the smooth functioning of the house," the Parliament official told a news agency on Tuesday.
"The Speaker is anguished over the continuous disruption of question hour. She has always requested the MPs to maintain decorum," the official added.
He said the Speaker will also hold a customary meeting just ahead of the commencement of the Winter session.
"The session (Lok Sabha) is likely to conclude Dec 13," a statement from the Lok Sabha secretariat said on Monday.
US President Barack Obama is scheduled to address parliament Nov 8 during his maiden visit to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America