Lok Sabha Speaker to take decision on Lalu disqualification after sentencing
Coimbatore: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has said that she will take a decision to disqualify Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and former union minister Lalu Yadav only after his quantum of punishment is announced.
Yadav was convicted on charges of corruption on Monday by a Special CBI court in Ranchi in connection with his role in the Rs 37.70 crore animal husbandry and fodder scam case.
Kumar, who was taking part in a Ministry of Commerce function here on Monday, said she was yet to receive a copy of the verdict.
“We haven’t received the judgment as yet and the quantum of punishment is still be to be pronounced on 3rd (October) I am told. After that, we will decide. Winter Session - we have still not decided on a date. It should be sometime at the end of November or early December,” said Kumar.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief faces prospect of a jail term between four to seven years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!