Lok Sabha Speaker to take decision on Lalu disqualification after sentencing
Coimbatore: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has said that she will take a decision to disqualify Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and former union minister Lalu Yadav only after his quantum of punishment is announced.
Yadav was convicted on charges of corruption on Monday by a Special CBI court in Ranchi in connection with his role in the Rs 37.70 crore animal husbandry and fodder scam case.
Kumar, who was taking part in a Ministry of Commerce function here on Monday, said she was yet to receive a copy of the verdict.
“We haven’t received the judgment as yet and the quantum of punishment is still be to be pronounced on 3rd (October) I am told. After that, we will decide. Winter Session - we have still not decided on a date. It should be sometime at the end of November or early December,” said Kumar.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief faces prospect of a jail term between four to seven years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef