Lok Sabha Speaker to take decision on Lalu disqualification after sentencing
Coimbatore: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has said that she will take a decision to disqualify Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and former union minister Lalu Yadav only after his quantum of punishment is announced.
Yadav was convicted on charges of corruption on Monday by a Special CBI court in Ranchi in connection with his role in the Rs 37.70 crore animal husbandry and fodder scam case.
Kumar, who was taking part in a Ministry of Commerce function here on Monday, said she was yet to receive a copy of the verdict.
“We haven’t received the judgment as yet and the quantum of punishment is still be to be pronounced on 3rd (October) I am told. After that, we will decide. Winter Session - we have still not decided on a date. It should be sometime at the end of November or early December,” said Kumar.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief faces prospect of a jail term between four to seven years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH