Lok Sabha to have special session on May 13
New Delhi: Lok Sabha is likely to have a
special session on May 13 to mark the 60th anniversary of its
first sitting way back in 1952.
President Pratibha Patil is expected to inaugurate the
three-day celebrations where parliamentarians are expected to
discuss issues like Millennium Development Goals and the Human
"It is the brainchild of Speaker Meira Kumar. She thought
that issues which go beyond the daily bread and butter matters
should be discussed," Lok Sabha Secretary General T K
Viswanathan told PTI.
The Indian Constitution came into force on January 26,
1950 and following the first general elections, the first
elected Lok Sabha was constituted on April 17, 1952.
The first Lok Sabha met for the first time on May 13,
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why