Lok Satta Party rules out any electoral tie-up with AAP
Hyderabad: Lok Satta Party`s national president Jayaprakash Narayan said here on Friday that his party would not have any electoral tie-up with the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), but contest the forthcoming assembly as well as Lok Sabha elections independently in Andhra Pradesh.
"We have no plans to have an alliance with AAP either for assembly or Lok Sabha elections in Andhra Pradesh. The Lok Satta party will contest all 294 assembly segments in the coming elections under its own symbol," Jayprakash Narayan, told reporters here.
Incidentally, senior AAP leader Prashant Bhushan had also recently said in Hyderabad that the two parties had decided not to enter into any pre-poll alliance.
Led by former bureaucrat Jayaprakash Narayan, who is the lone legislator of his party in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, the Lok Satta Party and his team from Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi had earlier held discussions with AAP president Arvind Kejriwal and other leaders in Delhi, fuelling speculations that both the parties could forge an alliance for the ensuing general and assembly elections.
Asked if the party would ally with other parties including AAP in other states, Narayan said, "As of now we have no alliances with anybody and with regard to other states we will let you know. At this point of time we have no plans on (having) alliances in other states. We will take decisions depending on circumstances in such states".
Meanwhile, the Lok Satta Party announced its first list of 25 candidates for the forthcoming Andhra Pradesh assembly elections today and also unveiled its unique `Suggest Your Candidate` drive.
The party`s national committee entrusted with the task of identifying candidates is in the process of finding credible and reputed candidates to be fielded for Lok Sabha seats and their names would be announced at an appropriate time, Narayan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!