Lokayukta: BJP’s double face exposed, says Sibal
New Delhi: Reacting to the Gujarat High Court verdict upholding the appointment of Lokayukta in Gujarat, Union minister and senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal asked the Narendra Modi government to accept the verdict with respect.
Sibal said the row over Lokayukta’s appointment by the Gujarat Governor had also exposed BJP’s double face.
“The BJP wants strong Lokpal at the Centre but no strong Lokayukta in the state,” Sibal told reporters here.
“It is now clear to the people of the country that the BJP has two-fold policy,” Sibal said, adding one for the state governments where they are in power and the other for the Centre.
He noted that Gujarat did not have Lokayukta for almost a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security