Lokayukta: BJP’s double face exposed, says Sibal
New Delhi: Reacting to the Gujarat High Court verdict upholding the appointment of Lokayukta in Gujarat, Union minister and senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal asked the Narendra Modi government to accept the verdict with respect.
Sibal said the row over Lokayukta’s appointment by the Gujarat Governor had also exposed BJP’s double face.
“The BJP wants strong Lokpal at the Centre but no strong Lokayukta in the state,” Sibal told reporters here.
“It is now clear to the people of the country that the BJP has two-fold policy,” Sibal said, adding one for the state governments where they are in power and the other for the Centre.
He noted that Gujarat did not have Lokayukta for almost a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video