‘Lokayukta provision against federal structure’
New Delhi: As Lok Sabha debated the Lokpal
Bill, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday said the provision for
Lokayukata in the legislation was an attack on the federal
"This is an attack on the federal structure. ...We will
point this out as rights of states are being taken away,"
Prasad told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked if he has any appeal to Anna Hazare, who is on a
fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, he said, "No. Parliament
"We are not against Annaji," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress