‘Lokayukta provision against federal structure’
New Delhi: As Lok Sabha debated the Lokpal
Bill, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday said the provision for
Lokayukata in the legislation was an attack on the federal
"This is an attack on the federal structure. ...We will
point this out as rights of states are being taken away,"
Prasad told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked if he has any appeal to Anna Hazare, who is on a
fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, he said, "No. Parliament
"We are not against Annaji," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'