‘Lokayukta provision against federal structure’
New Delhi: As Lok Sabha debated the Lokpal
Bill, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday said the provision for
Lokayukata in the legislation was an attack on the federal
"This is an attack on the federal structure. ...We will
point this out as rights of states are being taken away,"
Prasad told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked if he has any appeal to Anna Hazare, who is on a
fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, he said, "No. Parliament
"We are not against Annaji," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...