‘Lokayukta provision against federal structure’
New Delhi: As Lok Sabha debated the Lokpal
Bill, RJD Chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday said the provision for
Lokayukata in the legislation was an attack on the federal
"This is an attack on the federal structure. ...We will
point this out as rights of states are being taken away,"
Prasad told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked if he has any appeal to Anna Hazare, who is on a
fast demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, he said, "No. Parliament
"We are not against Annaji," he added.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!