Lokayukta recommends sacking of UP minister
Lucknow: Acting tough on corruption charges
against a BSP minister, the Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra on Tuesday recommended his removal from the ministry and
lodging of a case against him under the Anti-Corruption Act.
The Lokayukta after inquiry and evaluating the reply of
Minister of State for Animal Husbandry Awadhpal Singh has sent
the report to Chief Minister Mayawati recommending his removal
from the ministry, Mehrotra said here.
Besides, the Lokayukta has also recommended lodging of a
case against the minister under provisions of Anti-Corruption
and Abolition of Zamidari and Land reforms Act, he said.
Taking a strong view of a number of cases being filed
against Singh ever since he became minister in 2007, the
Lokayukta has also recommended that all such cases be handed
over to an independent agency, like the CB-CID for a thorough
In his report, the Lokayukta has cited police inaction on
evidence provided against the minister in a triple murder case
in Etah and blamed the SSP of not providing adequate
information to him on the cases lodged against Singh.
The ombudsman also recommended the transfer of the
present SSP, Circle Officer of Aliganj as well as incharges of
two police stations besides disciplinary action against the
The case refers to the killing of a person named Vijay
Verma, his son Abhinav and their gunner Santosh Yadav in
Jaithra in Etah district on June 10.
The Lokayukta also recommended transfer of district
magistrate for failing to restore the gram sabha land, despite
information that it has been wrongly lodged in the names of
the family members of the minister, and action against two
private PROs of the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried