Lokayukta recommends sacking of UP minister
Lucknow: Acting tough on corruption charges
against a BSP minister, the Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra on Tuesday recommended his removal from the ministry and
lodging of a case against him under the Anti-Corruption Act.
The Lokayukta after inquiry and evaluating the reply of
Minister of State for Animal Husbandry Awadhpal Singh has sent
the report to Chief Minister Mayawati recommending his removal
from the ministry, Mehrotra said here.
Besides, the Lokayukta has also recommended lodging of a
case against the minister under provisions of Anti-Corruption
and Abolition of Zamidari and Land reforms Act, he said.
Taking a strong view of a number of cases being filed
against Singh ever since he became minister in 2007, the
Lokayukta has also recommended that all such cases be handed
over to an independent agency, like the CB-CID for a thorough
In his report, the Lokayukta has cited police inaction on
evidence provided against the minister in a triple murder case
in Etah and blamed the SSP of not providing adequate
information to him on the cases lodged against Singh.
The ombudsman also recommended the transfer of the
present SSP, Circle Officer of Aliganj as well as incharges of
two police stations besides disciplinary action against the
The case refers to the killing of a person named Vijay
Verma, his son Abhinav and their gunner Santosh Yadav in
Jaithra in Etah district on June 10.
The Lokayukta also recommended transfer of district
magistrate for failing to restore the gram sabha land, despite
information that it has been wrongly lodged in the names of
the family members of the minister, and action against two
private PROs of the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...