Lokpal Bill draft gives no hope of strong body: SP
New Delhi: The draft of Lokpal Bill cleared
by the Union Cabinet does not generate hope of creating a
strong anti-corruption body, Samajwadi Party said on Wednesday.
"From whatever we have read in the media, it seems Anna
Hazare`s complaint that government has placed a tin box where
people will complain and Lokpal will forward it for action, is
proving to be right," SP spokesperson Mohan Singh told
Observing that the government had assured the opposition
parties on creation of a strong Lokpal, he said, "The draft
Bill that has come before us, it would be difficult to expect
a strong Lokpal."
Singh said SP will "move amendments" in the Bill and will
work to ensure that the government accept the changes
suggested by it, and take them into account while formulating
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know