Lokpal Bill draft gives no hope of strong body: SP
New Delhi: The draft of Lokpal Bill cleared
by the Union Cabinet does not generate hope of creating a
strong anti-corruption body, Samajwadi Party said on Wednesday.
"From whatever we have read in the media, it seems Anna
Hazare`s complaint that government has placed a tin box where
people will complain and Lokpal will forward it for action, is
proving to be right," SP spokesperson Mohan Singh told
Observing that the government had assured the opposition
parties on creation of a strong Lokpal, he said, "The draft
Bill that has come before us, it would be difficult to expect
a strong Lokpal."
Singh said SP will "move amendments" in the Bill and will
work to ensure that the government accept the changes
suggested by it, and take them into account while formulating
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir