Lokpal bill need of the hour: BSP
New Delhi: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Tuesday said the Lokpal bill was needed to contain corruption.
"We are against corruption at all levels. So we welcome this bill. We have always been in favour of this bill," BSP leader Satish Chandra Misra said during a debate in the upper house.
He, however, complained that his party was not informed about an all-party meeting on the bill called by Rajya Sabha Chairman M Hamid Ansari.
"We got to know about the meeting through the media which said the SP and BSP had boycotted the meeting," Misra said.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath admitted that "there must have been some communication gap".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'