Lokpal bill need of the hour: BSP
New Delhi: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Tuesday said the Lokpal bill was needed to contain corruption.
"We are against corruption at all levels. So we welcome this bill. We have always been in favour of this bill," BSP leader Satish Chandra Misra said during a debate in the upper house.
He, however, complained that his party was not informed about an all-party meeting on the bill called by Rajya Sabha Chairman M Hamid Ansari.
"We got to know about the meeting through the media which said the SP and BSP had boycotted the meeting," Misra said.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath admitted that "there must have been some communication gap".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional