Lokpal bill need of the hour: BSP
New Delhi: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Tuesday said the Lokpal bill was needed to contain corruption.
"We are against corruption at all levels. So we welcome this bill. We have always been in favour of this bill," BSP leader Satish Chandra Misra said during a debate in the upper house.
He, however, complained that his party was not informed about an all-party meeting on the bill called by Rajya Sabha Chairman M Hamid Ansari.
"We got to know about the meeting through the media which said the SP and BSP had boycotted the meeting," Misra said.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath admitted that "there must have been some communication gap".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves