Lokpal Bill to be enacted soon: Moily
Mysore: Law Minister M Veerappa Moily Friday
said the proposed Lokpal bill will be enacted soon.
Inaugurating a convention of Southern State Advocates and
Human Rights? Delegates, he declined to comment further on
He said speedy redress of cases was still a major challenge
before the judiciary. To tackle this problem, the Union
Government has decided to establish rural and mobile courts at
a cost of Rs 5,000 crore each and Rs 935 crore will be
released for setting up e-courts.
He also said more lawyers will be recruited to all courts in the state.
The convention was organised here jointly by Legal and
Human Rights? Department and Karnataka Pradesh Congress
Earlier, members of Legal and Human Rights Department submitted a memorandum to Moily on their demands including constitution of a Supreme Court bench in Bangalore, Rs five crore grant for Advocates? Welfare Development Fund and
inclusion of State Bar Council Chairman in the Committee to go into the process of appointing judges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'