Lokpal Bill to be enacted soon: Moily
Mysore: Law Minister M Veerappa Moily Friday
said the proposed Lokpal bill will be enacted soon.
Inaugurating a convention of Southern State Advocates and
Human Rights? Delegates, he declined to comment further on
He said speedy redress of cases was still a major challenge
before the judiciary. To tackle this problem, the Union
Government has decided to establish rural and mobile courts at
a cost of Rs 5,000 crore each and Rs 935 crore will be
released for setting up e-courts.
He also said more lawyers will be recruited to all courts in the state.
The convention was organised here jointly by Legal and
Human Rights? Department and Karnataka Pradesh Congress
Earlier, members of Legal and Human Rights Department submitted a memorandum to Moily on their demands including constitution of a Supreme Court bench in Bangalore, Rs five crore grant for Advocates? Welfare Development Fund and
inclusion of State Bar Council Chairman in the Committee to go into the process of appointing judges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief