Lokpal Bill to be enacted soon: Moily
Mysore: Law Minister M Veerappa Moily Friday
said the proposed Lokpal bill will be enacted soon.
Inaugurating a convention of Southern State Advocates and
Human Rights? Delegates, he declined to comment further on
He said speedy redress of cases was still a major challenge
before the judiciary. To tackle this problem, the Union
Government has decided to establish rural and mobile courts at
a cost of Rs 5,000 crore each and Rs 935 crore will be
released for setting up e-courts.
He also said more lawyers will be recruited to all courts in the state.
The convention was organised here jointly by Legal and
Human Rights? Department and Karnataka Pradesh Congress
Earlier, members of Legal and Human Rights Department submitted a memorandum to Moily on their demands including constitution of a Supreme Court bench in Bangalore, Rs five crore grant for Advocates? Welfare Development Fund and
inclusion of State Bar Council Chairman in the Committee to go into the process of appointing judges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire