Lokpal bill will be passed with consensus, says Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said on Tuesday that the Congress party has discussed the Lokpal bill with the Samajwadi Party and is expecting to pass the legislation in the Rajya Sabha "with consensus" today.
"We have discussed...(the) position on the Lokpal bill with the Samajwadi Party and are sure that we will be able to pass the bill in the Rajya Sabha with consensus," Kamal Nath told the media persons outside Parliament.
He said that the stand of the Congress party on the Lokpal bill is very clear and party vice president Rahul Gandhi has made it clear that the bill be passed under any circumstance.
"We will try our best to pass it with consensus today (Tuesday)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement