Lokpal bill will be passed with consensus, says Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said on Tuesday that the Congress party has discussed the Lokpal bill with the Samajwadi Party and is expecting to pass the legislation in the Rajya Sabha "with consensus" today.
"We have discussed...(the) position on the Lokpal bill with the Samajwadi Party and are sure that we will be able to pass the bill in the Rajya Sabha with consensus," Kamal Nath told the media persons outside Parliament.
He said that the stand of the Congress party on the Lokpal bill is very clear and party vice president Rahul Gandhi has made it clear that the bill be passed under any circumstance.
"We will try our best to pass it with consensus today (Tuesday)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video