Lokpal Bill will form a toothless body: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal today tore into the amended Lokpal Bill passed by the Union Cabinet, saying the proposed body would be "toothless" as the CBI will still function under the Government.
Speaking at a public meeting in west Delhi, Kejriwal alleged that the proposed Lokpal will not have "any powers" as the Government has made it a "toothless body".
"Government does not want to leave the CBI independent because it wants power, it wants the control of CBI. As long as CBI is under the control of politicians, no one can expect anything from Lokpal," he said.
The AAP convenor alleged that the Delhi Government had colluded with power distribution companies to raise power tariff in the capital.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed that Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He also accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away