Lokpal: CVC to appear before Parliamentary panel
New Delhi: The CVC is likely to recommend vigilance framework under Lokpal for the corporates among others when it appears before the Parliamentary Committee
on Friday to give its views on proposed anti-corruption bill.
Besides, the Central Vigilance Commission will also ask the Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice to avoid overlapping of responsibilities with Lokpal.
"The Commission will appear tomorrow to give our stand. There is a detailed presentation for the panel. The main thrust of our recommendation among others would be to avoid conflict of interest with Lokpal while allocating work and
powers," a senior CVC official said requesting anonymity.
He said the Commission will also "seek vigilance net for private companies" to check corruption.
Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar along with other senior officials will appear before the House committee.
The Commission`s presentation earlier scheduled for September 7 and 15 was cancelled as no finality was reached on the panel members. The 31-member House Committee was reconstituted a few days ago.
"The panel should consider incorporating either the Central Vigilance Commissioner or one of the two Vigilance Commissioners into the Lokpal for smooth functioning," the official said.
Kumar had recently, in an interview to a news agency, advocated that corruption among higher echelons of bureaucracy and politics should be brought under Lokpal ambit.
"Lokpal should cover corruption in higher bureaucracy and among political executives. There may also be a provision, as in UK bribery law, where a bribe giver is punished. We are also not against bringing corporates under the purview of
Lokpal," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’