Lokpal: Ready for voting but on what, asks Bansal
New Delhi: A day after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) demanded that a discussion on the anti-corruption bill should end with a vote in Parliament, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Saturday expressed his party’s readiness for voting but said “on what”.
Talking to a news channel, Bansal said the Parliament is going to discuss all the issues related to Lokpal Bill today.
He further stressed that corruption is just an attitude of mind.
When asked if Anna Hazare would call off his 12-day fast today, Bansal said there is no confirmation regarding this.
However, he was hopeful that Anna Hazare would end his fast today.
"I can only hope that the fast ends today, let the Parliament session start. There is no proposal as such. This is the time for discussion," Bansal told reporters outside Parliament hours before the session was set to start.
"Team Anna had asked for a written statement from the government. The government agreed to it," Bansal added.
The Lok Sabha will take up for debate various Lokpal bills, including the civil society`s Jan Lokpal Bill at 11 am after Leader of the House and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee makes a statement on the matter.
Hazare, 74, has been on fast since August 16 to push for a strong anti-corruption law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh