Lokpal to bring more transparency: Singhvi
New Delhi: The Lokpal Bill and the Judicial
Accountability Bill are aimed at bringing much-needed
transparency in the system, Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Sunday said, who also hailed the Right to Information
Act as a watershed initiative in this direction.
"The current existing structures in India usually
culminate in conflict of intrests...legislations like the
Lokpal, Judicial Accountability and Public procurement bills
etc will bring more transparency in the existing system," he
said at a seminar.
"Business ethics is the ultimate oxymoron I can think
of... the irony today is that ethics at the end of the day
cannot be enacted in its true sense...The central dilemma of
the corporate world is that it does not have a soul or body,"
The seminar `Sustainable development through ethics and
value-based education` was held by the PHD Chamber of Commerce
and Industry here.
On the occasion, BJP leader Prakash Javedkar emphasised
on `inclusive human development` based on value-based
"Consumerism is not the only way of achieving desired
develpoment...I believe growth and development is incomplete,
unless an inclusive human development is achieved, which
should have virtue and ethics as its essence.." the BJP
President PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Salil
Bhandari said that the education and skill development,
industrial development, agri-business and agricultural
development, health, housing, infrastructure are imperative
for the overall growth of the society.
"To attain sustainable development, ethics imbibed
through well-designed and orchestrated value based education
have to penetrate into organisational development at micro
and macro levels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks
- Govt in damage control mode after African envoys demand action against 'Afro-phobia'
- Bajrangi Dal camp row: CPI(M) questions SP govt silence, calls on President to take action