Lokpal to bring more transparency: Singhvi
New Delhi: The Lokpal Bill and the Judicial
Accountability Bill are aimed at bringing much-needed
transparency in the system, Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Sunday said, who also hailed the Right to Information
Act as a watershed initiative in this direction.
"The current existing structures in India usually
culminate in conflict of intrests...legislations like the
Lokpal, Judicial Accountability and Public procurement bills
etc will bring more transparency in the existing system," he
said at a seminar.
"Business ethics is the ultimate oxymoron I can think
of... the irony today is that ethics at the end of the day
cannot be enacted in its true sense...The central dilemma of
the corporate world is that it does not have a soul or body,"
The seminar `Sustainable development through ethics and
value-based education` was held by the PHD Chamber of Commerce
and Industry here.
On the occasion, BJP leader Prakash Javedkar emphasised
on `inclusive human development` based on value-based
"Consumerism is not the only way of achieving desired
develpoment...I believe growth and development is incomplete,
unless an inclusive human development is achieved, which
should have virtue and ethics as its essence.." the BJP
President PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Salil
Bhandari said that the education and skill development,
industrial development, agri-business and agricultural
development, health, housing, infrastructure are imperative
for the overall growth of the society.
"To attain sustainable development, ethics imbibed
through well-designed and orchestrated value based education
have to penetrate into organisational development at micro
and macro levels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says