Lokpal to bring more transparency: Singhvi
New Delhi: The Lokpal Bill and the Judicial
Accountability Bill are aimed at bringing much-needed
transparency in the system, Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Sunday said, who also hailed the Right to Information
Act as a watershed initiative in this direction.
"The current existing structures in India usually
culminate in conflict of intrests...legislations like the
Lokpal, Judicial Accountability and Public procurement bills
etc will bring more transparency in the existing system," he
said at a seminar.
"Business ethics is the ultimate oxymoron I can think
of... the irony today is that ethics at the end of the day
cannot be enacted in its true sense...The central dilemma of
the corporate world is that it does not have a soul or body,"
The seminar `Sustainable development through ethics and
value-based education` was held by the PHD Chamber of Commerce
and Industry here.
On the occasion, BJP leader Prakash Javedkar emphasised
on `inclusive human development` based on value-based
"Consumerism is not the only way of achieving desired
develpoment...I believe growth and development is incomplete,
unless an inclusive human development is achieved, which
should have virtue and ethics as its essence.." the BJP
President PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Salil
Bhandari said that the education and skill development,
industrial development, agri-business and agricultural
development, health, housing, infrastructure are imperative
for the overall growth of the society.
"To attain sustainable development, ethics imbibed
through well-designed and orchestrated value based education
have to penetrate into organisational development at micro
and macro levels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?