London cyclist to raise funds for Goa charity
London: A London-based cyclist, who was
touched by the lives of street children during a visit to
India last year, will shortly embark on a bike ride to raise
funds for a Goa-based charity organisation.
Jack Diamond, 24, will take to the saddle for the
14-day, 340-mile trip in India for Goa-based charity Children
He first came across the charity organisation when
he spent six months in India, and grew close to the slum
children he helped, teaching them sport and taking them to the
beach to play.
"It never really crossed my mind to do something like
this before but it`s such a good charity and I want to raise
as much money as I can to make a difference," Diamond told the
"We want to save the money we raise and put it away so
when the children are old enough to leave the charity, they
will each have a pot of money to help them," he said.
During his stay in India, he was reportedly scouted
in Mumbai and used as an extra in a Bollywood movie, in which
he played the role of a policeman.
"It was quite weird. I think they like westerners in
the films, but I was stood with one of the biggest stars in
Bollywood at one point. It was totally out of the blue, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?