London cyclist to raise funds for Goa charity
London: A London-based cyclist, who was
touched by the lives of street children during a visit to
India last year, will shortly embark on a bike ride to raise
funds for a Goa-based charity organisation.
Jack Diamond, 24, will take to the saddle for the
14-day, 340-mile trip in India for Goa-based charity Children
He first came across the charity organisation when
he spent six months in India, and grew close to the slum
children he helped, teaching them sport and taking them to the
beach to play.
"It never really crossed my mind to do something like
this before but it`s such a good charity and I want to raise
as much money as I can to make a difference," Diamond told the
"We want to save the money we raise and put it away so
when the children are old enough to leave the charity, they
will each have a pot of money to help them," he said.
During his stay in India, he was reportedly scouted
in Mumbai and used as an extra in a Bollywood movie, in which
he played the role of a policeman.
"It was quite weird. I think they like westerners in
the films, but I was stood with one of the biggest stars in
Bollywood at one point. It was totally out of the blue, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- NASA's Hubble captures new dark spot on Neptune!
- NASA plans to refuel satellite with its robotic spacecraft Restore-L
- Uma Bharti admitted to AIIMS, stable
- Microsoft's 'Project Premonition' mosquito trap helps tackle spread of Zika and other diseases
- Parts of Uttar Pradesh receive rain, water level rising in major rivers