Lone RS member from Mizoram undecided on vote on FDI in retail
Aizawl: As the Rajya Sabha is set to vote on FDI in retail on Friday, Lalhming Liana, the lone member of the upper house from Mizoram, on Thursday said he was yet to take a decision on which side he would cast his vote.
Liana, a leader of opposition Mizo National Front, said he would announce his decision by tomorrow after consulting the MNF leadership.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga, however, told PTI that the party had decided that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
Zoramthanga said Liana being a veteran party leader knew what the party wanted.
But other top party leaders expressed the opinion that he should vote against FDI in retail on the ground that the Congress, which headed the UPA government at the Centre, was the main political opponent of the MNF in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH