Lone RS member from Mizoram undecided on vote on FDI in retail
Aizawl: As the Rajya Sabha is set to vote on FDI in retail on Friday, Lalhming Liana, the lone member of the upper house from Mizoram, on Thursday said he was yet to take a decision on which side he would cast his vote.
Liana, a leader of opposition Mizo National Front, said he would announce his decision by tomorrow after consulting the MNF leadership.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga, however, told PTI that the party had decided that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
Zoramthanga said Liana being a veteran party leader knew what the party wanted.
But other top party leaders expressed the opinion that he should vote against FDI in retail on the ground that the Congress, which headed the UPA government at the Centre, was the main political opponent of the MNF in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!