Lone RS member from Mizoram undecided on vote on FDI in retail
Aizawl: As the Rajya Sabha is set to vote on FDI in retail on Friday, Lalhming Liana, the lone member of the upper house from Mizoram, on Thursday said he was yet to take a decision on which side he would cast his vote.
Liana, a leader of opposition Mizo National Front, said he would announce his decision by tomorrow after consulting the MNF leadership.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga, however, told PTI that the party had decided that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
Zoramthanga said Liana being a veteran party leader knew what the party wanted.
But other top party leaders expressed the opinion that he should vote against FDI in retail on the ground that the Congress, which headed the UPA government at the Centre, was the main political opponent of the MNF in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?