Lone RS member from Mizoram undecided on vote on FDI in retail
Aizawl: As the Rajya Sabha is set to vote on FDI in retail on Friday, Lalhming Liana, the lone member of the upper house from Mizoram, on Thursday said he was yet to take a decision on which side he would cast his vote.
Liana, a leader of opposition Mizo National Front, said he would announce his decision by tomorrow after consulting the MNF leadership.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga, however, told PTI that the party had decided that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
Zoramthanga said Liana being a veteran party leader knew what the party wanted.
But other top party leaders expressed the opinion that he should vote against FDI in retail on the ground that the Congress, which headed the UPA government at the Centre, was the main political opponent of the MNF in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference