Low-intensity quake hits UP, Delhi
New Delhi: A low-intensity earthquake jolted Uttar Pradesh and neighbouring areas early Tuesday.
According to the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), the tremor measured 3.5 on the Richter scale and struck at 3.37 am.
Its epicentre was located at Baghpat.
This is the second quake to have hit the region in little over a week. On March 5, a medium-intensity quake had jolted Delhi and its satellite towns.
That tremor, measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale with Haryana`s Bahadurgarh as epicentre, was felt across Delhi and its adjoining satellite towns of Ghaziabad and Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
Also, a moderate intensity tremor of 5.8 intensity on Richter scale rocked the Kashmir Valley yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video